The Taylor T5 offers a blend of Electric and Acoustic guitar tones in one package. You get the resonance of an acoustic guitar, teamed with the power of an electric. The hybrid pickup system incorporates an acoustic body sensor, a hidden neck humbucker, and a visable bridge humbucker. Then using the 5 way selector switch, you can get various combinatins of the 3 pickups.
Position 1: Neck humbucker and body sensor
The position closest to the neck, this is the cleanest, most acoustic voice of the T5. If you dig in a bit, the body sensor responds with all of the snap and sizzle you need.
Position 2: Neck humbucker only
Without the body sensor, the tone will sound warmer and rounder. Rolling back the treble darkens the tone and is great for comping along with a big-band.
Position 3: Bridge humbucker
With a chameleon-like quality, this is the most powerful and versatile pickup on the T5. Whether you’re playing through an acoustic amp/PA or an electric amp, the tone can range from bright acoustic to solid-body snap ’n‘ twang to high-gain overdrive, and all points in-between. Add an overdrive pedal to the equation on the electric amp side for even more rock horsepower.
Position 4: Neck and bridge humbuckers in parallel
This will take you back to ’50s hollowbody world, or add some chorus for a big, wet, clean L.A. tone, a la Michael Landau.
Position 5: Neck and bridge in series
This will give you the fullest, fattest sound, ideal for players who like thick leads. You can also play with the voicing’s mood, using the Volume control.
The T5S features a Sitka Spruce top with a hollow Sapele body, and a Ebony fingerboard. Finished in a lovely gloss Cherry Sunburst, this guitar really looks beautiful!
In good condition throughout, this guitar has been well cared for. There are a couple of dings to the spruce top, and a small scuff on the headstock. See photos above.
Included is the original Taylor Hard Case and Documents. It comes professionally setup by our own in house technician, with a 3 month warranty.
Worldwide delivery available. For any questions, please feel free to get in touch.
|No specification available
- Insured Next Working Day Delivery: £12
(Monday - Friday when ordered before 9am.
Exc Highlands & N. Ireland)
- Next Day Before Noon &
Next Day Before 9.00am Delivery Available
(Price Calculated at checkout)
- Saturday Delivery Available
(Price Calculated at checkout)
- Worldwide Delivery Available
We ship all over the world.
Please contact us with your address for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Where possible, items ordered before 10am Mon-Fri, will be delivered the next working day.
We will contact you with delivery information.
- Free Local Delivery available
for Barnstaple, Bideford & Braunton areas.
When you spend £200 or more. Free Delivery is automatically added at checkout. Free Delivery is based on your postcode.
- Take It Away: is an Interest Free Finance Scheme supported by the Arts Council. It offers Interest Free Finance to anybody between 18 & 25 years old buying a musical instrument, or to someone buying a musical instrument for some under the age of 18. For more information on this, please call or email. Credit subject to status and affordability. Terms and Conditions Apply. Credit is provided by Omni Capital Retail Finance Ltd authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Finance Options: We can offer many finance options on most products from Omni Finance. Options from 6 to 36 months. For more information on the options available, please call or email. Credit subject to status and affordability. Terms and Conditions Apply. Credit is provided by Omni Capital Retail Finance Ltd authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.